From luxury parlours to tiny artisanal shops, Paris for Kids' recommendations will guide you to the best ice-cream, sorbet, gelato or frozen yogurt in the city.
1. Berthillon: 29-31 rue saint Louis en l’ile, 75004 Continually ranked as the best ice cream in Paris, you can recognise the Berthillon (pronounced kind of like bear-tee-yone) ice-cream parlour and tearoom from the queues of people outside. The flavours change throughout the seasons, but if it’s available don’t miss the signature fraise des bois.
2. Pozzetto: 39 rue Roi de Sicile
Pozzetto might not be the most famous gelateria in Paris, but it’s one of the best, serving classic Italian flavours like gianduia torinese (a Turin speciality of chocolate and hazelnuts from Piémont), fior di latte (made from milk, cream and sugar). Fruit lovers are in for a treat too with all sorbets made from real fruit. Order your scoop through the little window overlooking and eat it on the go, or sit down on a bench at nearby Place Baudoyer.
3. Grom: 81 Rue de Seine, 75006 Created by two young Italians in 2003, Grom has grown into an international ice-cream chain with boutiques in Europe, the States and Japan. But don’t let that put you off: their caramel ice cream with pink Himalayan salt and cioccolato fondente made from Venezuelan chocolate are still as good as ever.
4. Une Glace à Paris: 44 rue des Abbesses 75018 This boutique was founded by an award-winning pastry chef and a prolific restaurateur, previously at Pierre Hermé and Harrods, London. Read: designer ice-cream that certainly lives up to its reputation. There are 24 flavours but Paris for Kids reccommends that you try the beech-smoked vanilla or the Rum Baba, which combines brilliantly squelchy chunks of rum-soaked cake with the smoked vanilla cream (for adults only).
5. Amorino: 1 rue Francs Bourgeois, 75004 With multiple locations around the city, here you will find dozens of classically flavoured gelatos presented to you in the shape of a flower; an instagrammers delight! A favourite address is on the corner of the must-see park: Place des Vosges.